Best Toys for Speech Stimulation for Toddlers
Best Toys for Speech Stimulation for Toddlers
Best Toys for Speech Stimulation for Toddlers, Speech stimulation is very essential for the kids in their growing years. Traditional toys are more open-ended in nature and are best to facilitate speech.
Below are some toys that help in speech stimulation:
- Kids can spend hours with wooden building block sets.
- It helps in spending quality time with parents, encourages social play with friends, and even provides time for imaginative play.
- The wooden toy blocks are good to promote dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and imagination.
- They stimulate children through every stage of development and help them mature and develop their natural abilities.
- It is a great toy that encourages interaction and sparks creativity.
- Legos focus on enhancing cognitive skills like exploration, calculation, planning, and prioritization.
- Those are required to make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Realistic toys like road vehicles are good to help in pretend play.
- Helps toddlers with motor skills, imagination, creativity, and eye-hand coordination in their early childhood.
- Kids not only enjoy playing with toy cars but also develop their social and communication skills.
Train tracks and trains:
- It exercises the kid’s operating and observing ability well.
- It is a toy that can help develop the IQ of the baby, which can help the child develop the ability to quick-thinking.
Play with kitchen set:
- It’s great for eye-hand coordination, encourages building skills, and role-play.
- Develops fine motor skills and cognitive skills.
- This toy can be used to introduce and develop early language through pretend play.
- Inspires creativity and imagination in kids.
- It also helps to limit the screen time of kids.
The farm Set:
- It helps in building vocabulary, imagination, recognition, social, emotional, language, and thinking skills of a child.
- Realistic toy animals help a child to distinguish between animals and is a good educational toy.
- You can make short stories about animals while playing with them.
The Doll House:
- The Dollhouse with furniture of a drawing room and bedroom is a wonderful pretend-to-play toddler toy;
- It helps in developing kid’s imaginary and cognitive skills.
- The toy enables toddlers to have great fun with their family and friends.
Mr. Potato Head:
- This classic Mr. Potato Head comes with various parts and pieces.
- There are so many ways to put a Mr. Potato Head toy together.
- The best part is that there is no wrong or right way to play with this toy.
- Potato Head toy sets kid’s imaginations free, and they love showing off their creations with it.
- A child always loves to imitate the adults.
- Provide your active little kids with a healthy way to release energy by banging and fixing whatever he/she can get his/her hands on.
- The kid’s toolset is also a great toy to teach your child the names and functions of each tool.
- It also encourages your child to keep his or her toy tools organized and off the floor.
- The bright colorful ice creams will help in the child’s visual development, ideal for the children’s pretend play.
- It not only improves the intelligence and imagination capacity of children.
- But also enhances their hand-eye coordination and logical thinking ability.
Points to keep in mind before selecting toys for your toddlers:
- Open-Ended Toys: Try using toys that can be used in a variety of ways. That has no beginning, middle, or end, that can be used over time, and they allow your kids to use their imagination.
- Meaningful Toys: Choose toys that relate to a meaningful experience for your kids like role play with feeding, bathing, dressing, and cooking activities.
- Developmentally Appropriate: Think about where your kid is developmentally when choosing a toy. If he/she is two years old, but functioning 1-year-old, choose a toy more appropriate for a 1-year-old. Try to meet their actual needs.
- Social Interaction: Choose toys that can encourage social interaction and turn-taking skills like play with kitchen set, doctor set, etc.
- Gender-Specific: Play is an integral part of speech and language development. Try not to pick toys for your child that are gender-specific. Every girl child needs to play with cars, construction toys and every boy needs a doll and kitchen set.
- Toys that get kids moving: Physical activity is very important for a child even when indoors. Creating tents and tunnels are great ways to keep them moving indoors, without actually having to buy specific “toys” for that purpose.
Feel free to contact us if you are still facing challenges in stimulating your kids at home.
If you wish to know more about Speech Therapy, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more ideas check out our other related blogs
View this post on Instagram
Latest posts by Priyanka Rawat (see all)
- Famous people with Autism/ADHD - August 16, 2022
- When is Speech Therapist needed? - March 26, 2022
- Best Toys for Speech Stimulation for Toddlers - June 21, 2021
Leave a Comment