Online Speech Therapy For Adults and the Elderly
Online Speech Therapy For Adults and the Elderly
1SpecialPlace is not only for kids, but also for grown-ups. We are a multidisciplinary team which is trained and equipped for the intervention and treatment via online speech therapy for adults and the elderly. An online Speech Therapy expert can help you from the convenience of your home and save you the exhausting trip to the the Speech Therapy center in your locality. All you need to get our Online speech therapy at home for adults service is a computer and a broadband internet connection.
Online Speech Therapy or Telepractice is the use of technology to provide therapy via high speed internet, webcam, headset with microphone or any other form of communication. Speech therapy online is a clinical arrangement where the patient and a certified speech therapist communicate and interact face-to-face over the Internet. Online Speech Therapy for Adults is customized and tailor made to suit your needs.
We’ve assisted a lot of adults with the following issues:
- Aphasia secondary to Stroke/Accidents
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Voice Problems
- Unclear Speech/Pronunciation
- Accent Modification
This communication is of 3 types :
- Pre-Session communication : It consists of collecting payments, booking appointments, sending booking confirmation, reminders and giving easy options to reschedule or cancel. Pre-Session communication is essential to maintain healthy relationship with clients by avoiding any confusions and also to ensure revenue coming in smoothly for your practice
- Ongoing-Session communication : This primarily consists of video conferencing and other associated features that assist therapists in a therapy session. In traditional video conferencing solutions like Skype, the interactive features needed for speech therapists are not present. These also make it super difficult for clients to join sessions. Hence it is important to choose the correct video conferencing platform
- Post-Session communication : After a session has been successfully completed, it is important to communicate what happened during the session, any followups needed, session recordings or materials used during the session. This is essential to improve client retention by keeping them apprised and up to date about their therapy progress. Session recordings are a key differentiator which give an edge to online therapy over offline therapy. Hence it is essential to ensure that your therapy platform supports session recordings and provides easy access to them.
Speech Therapy for Adults
It is highly effective for those who are looking for convenient flexible options. You can access these sessions from your home/office/college. It’s also a tremendous aid for adult carers who have to take their loved ones to local centres for therapy.
Speech Therapy online works just like speech therapy delivered in a centre/clinic. The only difference is that you will meet your therapist online. You’ll see the therapist on a large screen, and he or she will be able to view, talk to, and interact with you in real time. There are various exercises and techniques that can be done in speech therapy online sessions all of which will aid in improving your speech.
Problems that we treat via Online Speech Therapy –
- Delayed Speech & Language
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Unclear Speech
- Cerbral Palsy
- Learning Disability
- Intellectual Disability
- Hearing Loss
- Apraxia of Speech
- Down Syndrome
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Childhood Developmental Syndromes
All sessions at 1SpecialPlace are conducted in a safe and personalised environment. You are given a special ‘Online Room’ for yourself where the therapist helps you with a variety of activities and exercises. All 1SpecialPlace therapists are certified and highly qualified professionals who work according to latest standards. Online Speech therapy in India ( aka Telepractice or Tele Speech Therapy) is the use of technology to provide speech therapy via high speed internet, webcam, headset with microphone or any other form of communication. Online therapy is a clinical arrangement where the patient and a speech-language certified pathologist communicate and interact face-to-face over the Internet. The session involves a suite of therapeutic exercises including listening, speaking, reading and writing.
How to start?
Please call (+919811210640) or email us (email@example.com) or fill our contact form.
We provide an online demo of our services, free of cost, which also includes therapy videos and sample reports
- Enhancing Speech Therapy Through Innovation: Harnessing Alexa’s Potential - September 22, 2023
- Navigating High-Functioning Autism: A Guide for Parents - September 19, 2023
- Navigating Sleep Issues in Autism: Understanding, Strategies, and Support - September 1, 2023