Speech Language Pathologist
At 1SpecialPlace, we strive to provide the best work opportunity for SLPs.
As a remote 1SP tele-therapist you will have the chance to serve clients while balancing your work and your life for a more flexible lifestyle.
Benefits of Working for 1SpecialPlace
- Work from Home - Cut your commute and cost with work from home.
- Work for a Purpose - 1SP is a mission driven company, founded and run by an SLP. Be an advocate of technology driven service delivery and lead change in the therapy industry.
- Mentor Guidance - At 1SpecialPlace, you are more than a number. You are an integral part of our team with mentor guidance to help you bridge the gap from university to professional practice.
- Flexibility - Schedule with flexibility around your needs.
- Collaboration driven Growth - Collaborate with therapy providers across the country, share resources and ideas with our exceptional and diverse therapists.
- High Remuneration - We offer remuneration which is beyond expectation in the Speech Therapy Industry, and that too with full transparency and fairness.
- To provide skilled speech therapy to 1SP Therapy clients using a secure web-based platform.
- It involves evaluations, treatment, consultations, screenings and documentation of services.
- Education - Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Speech-Language Pathology.
- Certification - Current RCI certification.
- Experience -
- Pediatric & Adult patient: At least 1 year of experience
- Documentation, including IEPs: At least 1 year of experience
- Continuing Education - Complete continuing education to maintain RCI license.
- More than 20 hours availability in a week.
- Experience with paediatric patients.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient with computer technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilise a web-based platform for delivery of services.
- Provide evidence-based evaluations while following necessary evaluation protocol. Interpret results and prepare professional written evaluation report that follows 1SP recommended guidelines.
- Provide speech/language screenings and/or consultations when necessary.
- Confidently administer assessments for cognitive-communication disorders and interpret the results using a web-based platform.
- Confidently and effectively identify the presence and/or the risk of a communication and/or swallowing disorder.
- Confidently select individualised and evidence-based approaches to intervention.
- Develop evidence-based plans in line with the RCI Code of Ethics.
- Design innovative and engaging materials, prepare IEPs as needed on a timely basis, document goals, and modify goals based on student needs and performance.
- Perform advanced session planning as per 1SP SOPs.
- Provide skilled speech therapy treatment, both individually and in group settings, using evidence-based approaches. Document complete session summary within 24 hours of treatment.
- Maintain the flexibility to adapt/modify the treatment plan, intervention being utilised, and other professional areas in order to best provide an individualised therapy approach.
- Proficiently and professionally document services rendered.
- Confidently and accurately utilise data collection methods and tools for analysis of client performance.
- Collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary team of professionals to develop client goals for improved success and maintain comprehensive documentation of services.
- Participate in IEP meetings, review existing data, and form team meetings.
- Communicate with families regarding services.
- Serve as a case manager or team coordinator, and ensure appropriate delivery of the treatment plan, when applicable.
- Discharge when appropriate.
- Confidently and professionally counsel individuals and groups regarding cognitive-communication disorders and the treatment impact and/or impact on quality of life.
- Understand and follow RCI’s Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice.
- Adhere to 1SP SOPs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.