Our Team From Around the World
Speech Therapist and Audiologist
Pratiksha Gupta, Founder and CEO of 1Specialplace
- M.Sc. – Audiological Science (Course Topper),University College London, UK
- B.Sc – Speech & Hearing (Gold Medalist), AIISH, Mysore, India
- Director – HearnSpeak – Speech& Hearing Services
- Senior Speech Therapist – Apollo Hospitals
- Formerly – Senior Audiologist, NHS, UK
- Formerly – Speech Language Therapist at Step by Step School, Noida
- Certified in Telepractice/Online Speech Therapy – USA
Pratiksha has provided therapy in a variety of clinical settings since 2007, addressing the needs of preschool toddlers, school children, teenagers, adults and the elderly. After running her own clinic in Noida,India for 4 years, she diversified into online speech therapy. She has also guided masters level dissertations in Audiology and has been a lecturer and examiner with IGNOU
Besides clinical practice, Pratiksha provides training to other speech therapists and conducts online courses for parents. She authors articles for parenting newsletters and is on the panel of professional online parenting portals. She also conducts language enriching storytelling sessions for young children and indulges in Art Based Speech Therapy.
She is the author of a series of children’s story books that promote speech development.
She has developed mobile apps for speech assessment & speech therapy and specialised tool kits for speech & language development in children.
Anjana Sathyabodha, Head of Content Writing at 1SpecialPlace
- M.Sc.- Speech Language Pathology, AIISH, Mysore
- B.Sc.- Speech and Hearing, (rank holder), JSSISH, Mysore
Anjana began her career in 2008 as a grade 1 speech language pathologist in a training and research institute developing online therapy modules and conducting tele intervention for children and adults with communication disorders. She has co-authored guide books in English, Kannada and Hindi for parents of children with hearing impairment. She has also worked alongside paediatricians and neurologists in providing one to one and group therapy sessions to address the communication needs of children with autism spectrum disorders, hearing impairment and various other communication difficulties. She has delivered home based speech therapy to adults with post-stroke aphasia and other neurological disorders including stuttering. She is enthusiastic about helping children, adults and their families in promoting and achieving good communication practises. She strongly believes in team work, the person with speech-language problems along with carer/family being the key members in developing and achieving treatment plans.
She is currently in the UK and has liaised with local child charity organisations and in her spare time, works closely with children and bilingual families and assists them in using appropriate language development strategies. She is passionate about providing tele-speech therapy services and reaching out to individuals and their families to overcome and remediate speech-language difficulties.
Tanushree Saxena Chandhok
- M.Sc. (SLP) – AIISH, Mysore (Gold medalist)
- B.Sc. (Sp & Hg) – AIISH , Mysore (Gold medalist).
- Hanen Certified Speech language therapist (More than words)- Hanen , USA
- Certified Handwriting Therapist – HWT Certification, USA
- M.Sc.- Speech Language Pathology, AIISH, Mysore
- B.Sc – Speech and Hearing, AIISH, Mysore
- M.Sc Audiology- All India Institute of speech and hearing
- B.Sc Speech and Hearing- All India Institute of speech and hearing
- M.Sc Psychology- Karnataka state open university
After completion of her Masters in 2011, Sindhushree started working in a Superspeciality ENT Clinic at Bangalore. She worked as a Speech language pathologist and Audiologist for 5 years dealing with both assessment of speech and hearing disorders and also worked on Development of Training Materials. She has extensive experience in the rehabilitation of both children and adults. She is accredited with Rehabilitation Council Of India Membership and is proficient in conducting Language therapy, Voice therapy, AVT, Music therapy and group therapy. Sindhushree is currently based in Germany
- M.Sc Speech Language Pathology – Mysore University
- B.Sc – Speech & Hearing – Manipal University
Reshmi is a certified Speech Language Therapist. She is currently based in Oman, and is involved in Telepractice.
She has worked with children and adults with speech language difficulties since 2010. She has had a variety of clinical experience during her work in a pre school inclusive set up. She has been actively involved in academic scenarios during her work as a lecturer in established institutes at Delhi and Dehradun, India. She has guided research papers which have been published nationally and internationally.
- M.Sc Speech Language Pathology – Sri Ramachandra University (Gold Medalist)
- B.Sc – Speech & Hearing – Sri Ramachandra University (Gold Medalist)
Nitya is a Rehabilitation Council of India certified Speech Language Pathologist and Audiologist. She is currently based in Mumbai. After her graduation, she started working at the Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Centre and the Autism Intervention Centre at a government hospital in Mumbai since 2016. She has variety of clinical experience during her work in areas of learning disability and neurodevelopmental communication disorders. She has been actively involved in delivering tele services (assessments and therapy) during her course of graduation. She has also co-authored an international publication on telepractice.
- B.Ed. Spl Edu
- M.Sc. Child Development
- Special Educator
- LD Expert ( UK certified)
Saumya is a certified Special Educator. She has completed her certified courses in Learning Difficulties from Roehmapton University, UK. She even holds a certificate in Instrumental Enrichment from Israel. She has been working with children with special needs for more than 15 years. Her expertise involves work with Learning Disability, Developmental delays and Speech/Language delays
- PGD, Developmental Therapy
- Special Educator
- Developmental Therapist
Soumali is a registered Special Educator cum Developmental Therapist. She has been working with children with special needs for more than 10 years. Her expertise involves Early Intervention Methods, Inclusive Education and Family Counseling.
- Masters in Occupational Therapy M.O.Th (Pediatrics), Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- Bachelors in Occupational Therapy, SVNIRTAR, Orissa.
- Certified Sensory Integration therapist, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
- Certified Handwriting specialist, Handwriting Without Tears (HWT), Maryland
Dr Taru Thakur began her career in 2006. Her passion to work with children and to help them blossom has been her ultimate goal in life. She believes that children are like angels. They can modify/change very easily. With the right intervention given at the right time, this change can be brought within them and they can lead a quality life. Apart from occupational Therapy she has also done certification in Reiki and she is a Handle coach for children with Autism. Presently she is working in a reputed school in Noida and she also owns a special needs Centre with the name of Angels Foundation in Gurugram.
- Certified Sensory Integration Therapist and S.I.P.T Certified from University of Southern California
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from Seth G.S.Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai
- Certified Level 1 Play Therapist from National Association from Play Therapy, India
Dr. Amruta started her career in 2007. She has been passionate about her work in the field of Spectrum Disorders, Learning Difficulties, and Processing Disorders and feels fortunate for having opportunities to upgrade herself through her trainings. She believes that intervention works best when parents are an integral part of therapeutic process.
Her love for children has led her to use eclectic approaches of Play, Feeding and Cooking techniques as part of her approach.
She has also worked Research Assistant for Mumbai Based NGO named Ummeed for Standardising a Developmental Tool for Children (G.M.C.D) at grassroots level in few communities in Pune, India
- MA Clinical Psychology University of Pune
- BA Psychology Fergusson College
Sayee completed her Master’s in Clinical Psychology from University of Pune. She is also an experienced Dance Movement Therapist. Her work involves counseling, dance and art based therapies. She has worked with special needs children and worked with a Blind School based in Pune on Project Light which was an initiative by Life and Dance- a Pune based company providing Dance Movement Therapy. Her work includes group sessions with women and adolescents using counseling and other art based mediums. She believes in changing therapy modalities according to the requirements of her clients and believes effective communication is the key to understanding the intricacies of mental health.
- NDT Certified ( USA)
Dr. Neha is a US Neurodevelopmental Therapy certified professional. She is also a Certified Childbirth educator. She has been working with individuals with neurogenic disorders since 13 years. She is passionate about her work with children with Cerebral Palsy and other motor disorders.
- B.Ed. Spl Education
- Sign Language Expert
- Teacher of the Deaf cum Counsellor
Bhanu is a certified teacher of the Deaf. She is a registered special educator, counsellor cum examiner. She has been working with deaf children since 15 years. She is a certified Sign Language Expert and enjoys her work with children with hearing impairment